Tuesday 7 June 2016

BLACK SESAME BUTTER MOCHI




I don’t think anyone out there will be surprised one bit to find me day-dreaming about trips to Hawaii and Japan instead of getting my shit together and out of this place once and for all; but in my defense, I’ve created these little squishy squares that combine the very essence of Hawaiian cake and Japanese treats all in one and they’re so rich and squidgy and flavoursome and if you ever find a way to stop shovelling them into your mouth, please let me know as I’m now at risk of rolling my way back home like a giant mochi ball they’re that good.




BLACK SESAME BUTTER MOCHI




220g (1 ¾ cup) glutinous rice flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
90ml (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons) chickpea brine
150g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
80ml (1/3 cup) melted coconut butter
200ml (7oz/ ½ can) coconut milk
1 heaped tablespoon black tahini


Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F and lightly grease a 20cm (8 inch) square tin. Mix together flour, baking powder and sesame seeds in a bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk chickpea brine and sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Fold in the melted coconut butter, coconut milk and tahini. Add the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined. Pour the batter in the prepared tin, sprinkle with more sesame seeds if you like and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave on a rack to cool before cutting into squares.



Ricetta in italiano:

Vegan

No comments:

Post a Comment