Saturday 30 April 2016

STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE CORN FLAKE SQUARES



An excessive amount of things that break around me, such as not one, not two, but three vintage mugs; and my camera; and the internet; and trains over bank holiday weekends; and my digestive system; plus a busy schedule of stressing, leave me slightly mentally & physically exhausted and therefore prone to wingin'; reason why, when you'll be reading this recipe for the ultimate 5-minute-to-make sweet marshmallowy treat, not only will I have inhaled the whole lot already, but I'll also be in the process of finding out whether or not I'm emotionally stable enough to be travelling on my own. Make them! You can thank me if I ever make it back sound.




STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE CORN FLAKE SQUARES


3 tablespoons margarine
150g (5.3oz) vegan marshmallows
3 tablespoons strawberry milkshake powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
200g (5 cups) corn flakes, crushed to about half their original size
80g (1/2 cup) chopped dried strawberries
40g (1/4 cup) sugar sprinkles


Lightly grease a 20x20cm/8x8” cake tin and set aside. Place margarine in a large pan over low heat and let melt completely. Add marshmallows, milkshake mix and salt and stir until the mixture is melted and well combined. Remove pan from the heat and add in the cereals, strawberries and about half the sprinkles, stirring until they're completely coated in the marshmallow mixture. Spoon into the prepared tin and press down evenly and firmly, top with the remaining sprinkles then let cool before cutting into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment