Tuesday 12 August 2014

CAROB HAZELNUT SPREAD



My very good friend carob is back. This time, it’s in spread form and it saves me from impending poverty. It might be that I’m now the one and only tenant of a flat in trendy (?) Dalston, or that yesterday evening I drowned my sorrows in my other very good friend dark chocolate spread, officially running out. In either case, my survival instinct took over and lead me to my pack of carob powder. And I made spread with it. Spread is my very good friend. So here it is, my dear, dear carob spread. Poverty I fear you not.




CAROB HAZELNUT SPREAD


Adapted from Sweet Kabocha

250g (2 cups) hazelnuts, blanched
15g (1/4 cup) carob powder
90ml (1/3 cup) agave syrup
90ml (scant 1/3 cup) soya milk or other non-dairy milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Place hazelnuts and carob powder in a blender and blitz until creamy. Then add agave syrup, soya milk and vanilla extract and blend again until all combined. Done!



Notes: 
- If you’re not friends with carob (DON’T BE RUDE TO CAROB), simply swap the carob powder with cocoa powder and there you go – homemade Nutella.
- Store in the fridge for the optimal spread consistency.



No comments:

Post a Comment